Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 34........AAAHHHH Anxiety

It is so easy for me to get overwhelmed by the smallest thing.  Packing for a trip, AAAHHH.  Cleaning my house, AAHHHHH.  Pre-planning for grocery shopping, AAHHHH.  It sounds so funny even to admit it.  I get anxious about it all. Anxiety leads to nail biting, nail biting leads to snacking, snacking leads to overeating and then I will be anxious about that. 

Philippians 4:6 (Amplified Bible)

6  Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

I am going to tell God all my anxious thoughts and see if He guides me.  I know it works because the other day I was about to bite my fingernails and I said a quick prayer, "God, I don't want to do this, help me" and I heard a whisper to paint my nails a dark color.  I did it, I bought the darkest color I would dare wear, dark cherry, and I've been wearing it for a week.  I am more aware of the unconcious times my nails go to my mouth, and I stop myself, knowing it will mess up the nail color if I bite my nail.  Funny, how silly it is to think God cares about my nails....but the verse says if it makes you anxious then God wants to know about it. 



Daily Food Journal
(page taken from Weight Watchers journal)


No comments:

Post a Comment