Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 28.......Strange Things Happen to our Good Intentions

I had a very strange day, full of strange things that happened.  I needed to attend to situations that I was not prepared for.  I felt very sidetracked.  My plans for the evening changed which effected what was for dinner and my workout.  I have learned that God is in the flow.  I have to be able to readjust my schedule and get realigned when possible.  God cares about all the details and He is in the details.  He wants to see if I can leave things in His hands and not get shaken when things don't happen as planned or expected.  It is a hard thing to do, I get focused on what I need to do, and forget that I desire to live a Holy Spirit adventurous life, which means I have to be ready for anything not shaken, but steadfast in whatever comes my way. 
In my quiet time, my time to reallign myself, I discovered a scripture. I love getting confirmations. 

1 Kings 19:11-13 (New International Version)

11 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

The Lord is in the gentle whisper, when all the crazy caos is over. The test is to wait for it.....wait for His voice....don't get caught up in the crazy caos.
Daily Food Journal

(taken from Weight Watcher journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment