Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 27 & Month 1 Overview........Spiritual and Physical Training!

This month has been hard, a struggle, grabbing on to anything as inspiration to keep me on track. Now that I have come over a couple hurdles, I don't want to lose sight of "Why" I am really doing this.
Psalm 91:1-2......dwelling in the secret place (listening to the voice of the Lord, and obeying)
1 HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
Amplified Bible Footnotes:
Psalm 91  The rich promises of this whole chapter are dependent upon one's meeting exactly the conditions of these first two verses (see Exod. 15:26).
Exodus 15:26 (Amplified Bible)
26 Saying, If you will diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord your God and will do what is right in His sight, and will listen to and obey His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases upon you which I brought upon the Egyptians, for I am the Lord Who heals you.

I don't know what God's will is for my future; however I have felt His whisper to lose the extra pounds and maintain a lifestyle of good health.  If that whisper is the Holy Spirit and I don't listen, then what?  I will not be dwelling in His secret place,  I may never know His stability and protection on my life.  I believe that God gives us what we can handle and if we pass the test we move forward in His will, if we are not able to obey the small things then we halt His will. 

This week I lost 3.5 lbs.  That is a total for the month of 4.1 lbs.  I am very thankful.  My jeans fit better and I feel great. 
1 Timothy 4:8 (Amplified Bible)

8 For physical training is of some value (useful for a little), but godliness (spiritual training) is useful and of value in everything and in every way, for it holds promise for the present life and also for the life which is to come.



Daily Food Journal
(taken from Weight Watchers journal)


No comments:

Post a Comment