Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 67......Deceived

It is a horrible feeling to be decieved.  When Eve ate the apple in the Garden of Eden, I am sure it was not worth it, and she must have felt so foolish to have believed a snake.  I am realizing that Satan uses deception all the time and he probably gets a big kick watching us fall for his lies.  I am determined to turn my ears off to him.  Last night I ate a great meal, we went out for chinese I ordered healthy dishes, egg drop soup, vegtables.  When I got home, I actually believed that I was still hungry and that I needed to eat the leftovers.  Why?  Why does my flesh want me to do something that is not good for me.  Why do I want to and fall for it?  I did eat the leftovers.  This morning I feel like I ate too much salt, I am puffy.  Feeling decieved.
I wish food deception was my only issue however; that is only a tidbit of what Satan does.  I am sick of it.    I am in the final book in the Left Behind series, Glorious Appearing. The book illistrates how many people are getting decieved, even through wanting noble things, and unfortunely will lose their eternal life and all the great things that Jesus died for us to have.  I get excited when someone goes to Panara Bread ahead of me and finds a table and highchair. That to me is going before and preparing a way.  I can't even fathom, what Jesus is up to,"Preparing a place for me"! How Awesome is that.  Do people want to know they are being robbed of that, or do they REALLY want to have this lifes unsatifactory goods?   Our only defense is to know who we are in Christ, what we NEED and get our satisfaction in knowing we listen only to truth, biblical truth. Is this human body/mind capable? Is my human body/mind capable?
John 14:2-3 (New International Version)

2  In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.


Daily Food Journal
(page taken from Weight Watchers journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment