Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 44.......Back on Track

It is easy to get off track when the surroundings are unfamiliar.  On my trip up north I preplanned my meals as much as possible and did not get enticed to eat out.  The hard to resist moments came when the rain came and comfort foods were not only comforting but warm and delicious, Chili and warm fresh bread.  Wow! Is it even possible to resist?  Grand Traverse Select, Reisling, I really enjoyed in the evening snuggled up to the fireplace.  Ghirardelli chocolate with a roasted marshmellow on a graham cracker, Yummy.  This was my daughters first marshmellow roasting experience over a open fire pit on a crisp fall evening.  Long walks and great memories with family.  This is all the stuff God wants us to enjoy and relish in.  I did not think about my weight once, but I made healthy food choices and enjoyed them to the fullest.   Joyce Meyer talks about a principle in her book, Eat the Cookie Buy the Shoes.  The principle is to disipline yourself daily, but allow yourself the "atta girl/boy" moments that the hard work of disipline requires by enjoying the moment and endulging.  I did just that fully enjoyed and endulged, but today I am back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment