Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 47 & Week 7 Overview.....Bumps in the Road

I had a wonderful week of vacation with my family and extended family.  We traveled up north saw the fall colors and thoughly enjoyed eachothers company, the sites, the food, the wine, meeting relatives for the first time and hearing the past relived through the memories of a 82 and 89 year old, and was entertained by my 4 year and 18 month old daughters as they saw and did new things.  Wow!  A week full of relational bonding.  I broke my dicipline this past week and I was feeling bad, I did not want to blog. I did not journal. I could've easily given up my 365 day challange.  I needed encouragement, because I knew God wanted "me" to get healthy and break a bondage I have over-endulging in food.   God encouraged me in two ways.  1) Celebrate!  God is my Joy!
Nehemiah 8:10

Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”
 
2)Run the race, don't stop when you have a bump in the road.
Hebrews 12:1-2

The Race of Faith
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Even though my disipline was put on hold, God encouraged me to pick back up and keep on in the faith that God is my joy in the running.  I am at peace today, I am up early and ready to journal my foods and take on week 8. I will weigh in and post my weight later today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment