Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 59.........When stuff gets Tough Pray for Peace

Sometimes just getting through a day of your stuff is tough.  I need to take breathers every few minutes and say, " this too will pass", then I have to pray,"God, give me the grace to get through this moment".  Now, the old me would've grabbed something from the refrigerator and decompressed with something, usually unhealthy, to eat.  The new me, says," Thank you Jesus for peace that you say is mine for the taking." With His peace I can decompress without food, or anxiety."   For instance, I just had a hectic morning of get up, everyone dressed, no milk for cereal no time for cooking, brush teeth, brush hair,"where's shoe", find shoe, socks on, shoes on, coats on, grab bags, in the car, McD's, drop off preschooler, Library parking a block away, out of car, in stroller, walk, pick up books, check out books, walk to car, find keys, stroller in car, toddler in car, look for phone, forgot phone, go home, pick up phone, call GG, pick up GG, get to flu clinic,wait in line at flu clinic, GG shot, my shot, toddler straddle me, GG distact toddler while gettting shot, toddler scream, get balloon, pick up preschooler, drop off GG, "Thank you GG", lunch in town, park at grocery store, get daughter 1 out, go to get daughter 2 out and she has spilled her drink in her carseat, I have no change of clothes and she is too wet to hide it. I take a deep breath, pray for peace, breathe out, thank him for His peace and I felt the Holy Spirit say, "shopping can wait, go home and rest", that gave me the peace and patience I needed to load my girls back into the car and head home.  Now I am sipping a cup of tea, I have a daugher napping and I am in perfect peace.  The rest of my day is redefined and actually will work out a lot smoother.  AHHHHH!!!! Peace is Awesome.
Daily Food Journal
(page taken from Weight Watcher journal)



No comments:

Post a Comment