Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 53.......Sore Core

I did Pilates yesterday!  The small, graceful movements are proving their impactful, I am sore in my core muscles.  Which is exactly what I need to strengthen, my core.  A pregnant belly easily losses its muscle structure. My structure is gone, but its a great feeling to know the muscles still work.  A interesting parallel is, the fruits of the spirit show how strong our spirit core is.  A healthy spiritual core will show the evidence of love, joy, peace, patients, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Just like looking at my week tummy is evidence of a week core.  Some people can have Jesus in their heart, but choose not to excercise their fruits of the spirit.  It's sad. Our circumstances seem to test our spiritual cores strength and sometimes we go through things that rob us of all our fruits.  The good news is we can excercise our spiritual muscles, for example, apologizing when we don't want to. Not apologizing is week, but excercising peace,by saying we are sorry yeilds peace in your home or relationship, which is an awesome feeling.  I have a sore core, but look forward to that awesome tight, slim, trim tummy that this sore muscle will yeild.

Daily Food Journal
(page taken from Weight Watchers journal)


No comments:

Post a Comment