Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 99......New Challenge

My sister has left.  She is on a very exciting adventure with the Holy Spirit. On the phone today, she talked to me while on the highway headed west toward the mountains, toward her hopes, her dreams, forging her journey in faith.  I made a commitment to her that I am going to trust that I can live up to.  She is planning on coming back to the midwest for a marathon in the spring.  She asked me to meet her there and run the 10K.  I said, yes!  I have 6 months to train.  My sister says, start off slowly and work your way up to running 3 miles everyother day, then add an extra mile each week.  Ha Ha Ha.  This all sounds so out of reach right now;however I am committed. It will be exciting to see my sister at the Run, and my husband agrees it would be a great time to have a family vacation, too.  I just have to take baby steps.  First I will use, Couch to 5K 9 week I-Tunes podcast while on the treadmill, then I will follow my sisters advice.  So by January 2010 I should be running 3 miles everyother day. 

My eating only when hungry lifestyle is going well and I am ready for the next step.  Hopefully, the first pair of shoes will be running shoes.  I made it to my first earmark for success and now I am holding off until the next earmark, which is 5 lbs away.  The shoes I want are expensive for my budget right now.  I can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment