Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 93.....All Things Will Fade Away

Lots of decisions have been made that will drastically change life for me and my family.  We are putting our house on the market and preparing to start a new life in a new town.  I am such a planner that all this change has my mind working overtime.  I toss and turn at night, praying that my mind will stop.  Despite all the crazy, I am not biting my nails or grabbing bags of chips to consume, which is probably what the old me would've done.   I realize that no matter what happens, God is my stready, trusted friend that will never leave me or forsake me.  My will may not be His will, but I can trust Him with what is best for me.  I am relying on that trust as I focus on God and not my current circumstances.  I have not been doing my food journal, but listening to my hunger signals.  I will start journalling again when my mind can get back to it.  I have decised that I will not let excercise or journalling be my success factor, but the scale and depending solely on the signals my body is giving me.  I am reminded in scripture that all things (material) will pass away, but God will last forever and He only cares about How I manage myself into His purpose and for His glory.
1 Corinthians 9:24-26 (New Living Translation)
24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.





No comments:

Post a Comment