Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 87......Convicted, Confirmed, Crown of Beauty!

So the Holy Spirit was been subtly letting me know that this weight loss journey is a personal journey between He and I, not that I have to stop blogging, but that I need to look to Him for the right path to take. Let me go back about two weeks. I was getting discouraged about the scale and feeling like I needed to start following a strict diet and exercise routine. I was actually getting anxious about it. I was anxious enough that I was looking for diet programs, and exercise routines that I could stick to. Every time I looked at a scheduled program, I got a quickening in my spirit, like an internal caution. Weird feeling! Then I began praying, "Lord, what?" "I am trying to do what You want me to do?" I waited a couple days, keeping on with my normal discipline of keeping my food journal, but I was not exercising. I began to seek the Holy Spirit in quite prayer, the same whisper again, "Look to me". I was frustrated, feeling like I didn't know what that meant or how to do that. I was looking for a proven method, a scheduled program of exactly what to do. Four days ago, my mom brought over a bible based, "Give it to God" approach to weight loss in a series with a workbook, tapes, video and a carry along booklet of scripture proclamations. I have been reading the material and watching the tapes for the last couple of days. I was practically in tears; everything that the Holy Spirit has shown me this far in my journey was the same as what this resource was implementing in a HOW TO format. Yes, it sounds crazy. Here is the basics, read the bible, listen to your body's true hunger signals, then eat slow and thankfully until full, if you still feel like grazing or if your thoughts are continually on food, then focus on the Word to redirect your thinking to the One who can take that desire away. I have tried this approach for a few days, it is difficult at times, and I have had to talk myself into redirecting my thoughts, but it has helped. I have been journaling my food for 4 days since I started this and I have noticed that I am able to stay within my allotted points without too much effort. I haven't weighed in, to see how the weight is doing, but I feel really good. I am at a complete loss for the words to describe how amazed I am that the Holy Spirit was trying to steer me in this direction all along. Oh, the best confirmation, I have always loved the Isaiah 61:3, the great exchange of beauty for ashes. The Lord is now showing me HOW TO exchange my ashes for His beauty. I am in Awe.

Isaiah 61:3
.... and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called mighty oaks,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor



Daily Food Journal
(taken from Weight Watcher journal)






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment