Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 73......The Path is Pure

I have kept a open mind. Waited for guidance, proceeded ahead with a plan of my own and then the Holy Spirit enlightened me. The next pursuit is pure, whole foods. I take that to mean no processed food, or food labels that have unrecognizable ingredients. When I say the Holy Spirit enlightened me, let me explain, I was at the local grocery store still not really knowing what "healthy eating" looked like for me, I didn't know what to buy. I bought I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, because when I was going to Weight Watchers meetings the spray was highly recommended and I successfully lost weight when I used it back in 2001. I didn't think too much about spray butter vs butter that night, However; in the morning while preparing breakfast I used the spray butter on my toast, ate my toast then thought out of the blue, "if it's not butter then what is it?" I actually got anxious about "what is it?". Then this unraveling happened, I want to eat healthy. I want to know what I am eating, I need to be accountable for what goes into my mouth as well as my little ones mouths. I battled over using real butter thinking that is pure fat, that can't be better for me. Can it? I googled healthy butter substitutes and found this article, http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/butter-substitute.html, that was all I needed to know, it was confirmed. My new path is pure, whole foods, no compromise. Easily said, now can I do it! I looked in my pantry and I have several foods that I enjoy that contain more than one unrecognizable ingredient. Fiber One plus Antioxidents bar is one that I ate this morning. I need to be refined on this path, and I know the Holy Spirit will prick my conscience when I am way off. This morning, I dumped out my coffee, the coffee my husband made me, the coffee he makes for me every morning, my regular coffee with one splenda. I drank it and it tasted fake. I am in shock, because I loved the taste of splenda. I am drinking tea right now with no sweetner, that is not me, that is a power beyond reason. I hope all my temptations turn off like that. I am excited to see this path for whole, pure foods unfold. I am keeping a open mind. Waiting for any more interventions, by the way, Light Mayonaise has unrecognizable ingredients, but real Hellmans is pure.

Daily Food Journal
(page taken from Weight Watchers journal)





















5:30 AM breakfast with hubby















Picnic Panara style at the park...cool fall breeze, warm tomato soup

















After the park, Naps for girls, My AHHHH moment

















No comments:

Post a Comment