Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 129.......Is Grace jealously awaiting my surrender?

1 Peter 5:5 (New Living Translation)
5  In the same way, you younger men must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you, serve each other in humility, for
“God opposes the proud
but favors the humble.”[a]
James 4:5-7 (New Living Translation)
5 What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?[a] 6 But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say,
“God opposes the proud
but favors the humble.”[b]
7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jonah 2:8 (New International Version)
8 "Those who cling to worthless idols
forfeit the grace that could be theirs.

Could this mean that if I am not submitting to God or my elders authority, God may be frustrating my situation due to my pride!  I have heard the saying, "surrender invites grace".

I Surrender !!!!!

I am learning that God has envy/jealousy for us.  He desires for us to know and seek only after Him.  He is our ultimate gift and He desperately wants us to continue on the path toward Him.  I watched the movie, The Ultimate Gift www.theultimategift.com/  then, came to a realization that God also puts us though a series of gifts (tests),  because His desire is for us to succeed in each gift to obtain the ulimate gift on earth which will only get better into our eternity.  What is the way to obtain it.....Surrender to His will, He is ready to lead us into His pefection, all it takes is surrender!  What's to lose, only the Ultimate Gift.  If you don't want it He won't force it, but He longs (envy/jealousy) for us to have it!   A Big Lesson, but to get it is the Ultimate!

1 Corinthians 10:21-23 (New International Version)
21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord's jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
The Believer's Freedom
23 "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive.
 
Lord, keep my thoughts on You, keep my actions Godly...Let me never arouse Your jealousy that You should oppose me....but let me always surrender to Your will and recieve your grace for my everyday circumstances. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment