Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 120......Stay on Track or Fall off Completely

On weigh in day I had gained 2.4 pounds. Ouch!  What I realized is my focus has not been on God this past week, it has been on my circumstances.  I needed to realize that if I lose my focus I will fall completely off the track. To stay on track I need to listen to my body signals and stop snacking when I am not hungry.   It is so easy to get caught up in daily insecurities, all the why, how and where's of lifes unknowns, but I am learning to give it ALL to God especially my thoughts. Then I need to trust that He is working out all the worrisome details for me, all I need to do is keep on being faithful and diligent in my discipline.  WoW!  I don't like set backs.  I am fighting feelings of failure and wanting to give up; however I have come so far.  God has shown up along the journey so many times, just to remind me, that He cares and wants me to keep Him my main focus.  Coincidently I am studying the Fruits of the Spirit with a book study group and I just read the chapter on Self Control.  Boy, did that one sting a bit! 
Galatians 5:17-18 (Amplified Bible)
17 For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do
So in short, it is HARD!  Our only saving grace is....Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)
13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].
I can do this, but I MUST tap into God's strength with a can do attitude, and with humility knowing that I can not do this alone.  God has to infuse me with His strength.  Also, the strength to not think.  I am my own worst critic, when I allow my thinking to be negative, so I must replace those negative thoughts with God's encouragement.  Encouragemant that reminds me that nothing is impossible with Him. 
Matthew 19:26 (Amplified Bible)
26 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.
God understands that our flesh and spirit are at war.  He delights when we overcome the flesh with Self Control. The self control that produces fruit and where there is fruit there is a harvest.
Galatians 6:9 (Amplified Bible)
9 And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.
Yeah.....Hope renewed!










No comments:

Post a Comment