Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 103.....God Tailor Fits My Journey

I am up and just got off the treadmill! 
My husbands employer implemented a wellness program with a monetary incentive to participate.  The old me would've been angry and insulted, but the new me wants to embrace the experience.  I went about a month ago to have the health screening with results that day.  I am healthy in every area except my BMI and Body composition.  I didn't need to be enlightened to that fact, but what is beneficial is they appoint a health coach to help bring the problem areas back into the healthy level.  I was remaining skeptical until the first  phone appointment with the health coach.  She called yesterday and we talked about 20 minutes. I am excited, my very nice health coach was an inspiration.  Now, here is the God thing.  I needed the freedom from food restraint for awhile so that God could rein me in for further discipline.  The great and awesome way that God is, He allowed me to continue to lose weight which shows me that changing my thoughts from food to God works.  I can and will always use that, but now I am convicted about the food in a verse I read.
James 4:17 (Amplified Bible)
17 So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin.

You see I know that to be healthy I have to eat healthy foods.  If I want to live a pleasing life to God then I need to take what I know and apply it.  The health coach is just what I need to refine my goal.  I will eat good healthy food, in thankfullness that God provides everything for me.  I will not overindulge or let food rule over me, but I have to eat the right food and learn what those foods are to know what is right.  Joyce Meyer descibes our journey under God's authority as labor pains.  True to my own labor and delivery with my babies for both I need to have the labor room tailor fit to me, the room needed to be cool, I needed to be mobile so I could move around or get in the bathtub, listen to music, have a support person, ect.   God knows me, He knows I need some breathing room in His labor pains of disciplining me.  That is why these103 days have not been a clear cut plan from start to finish, but a tailor fit journey full of adventure and excitement as well as hard "labor" pain, but I know the new improved, healthy me will be the baby born.



No comments:

Post a Comment