Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 10 & 11.......Discipline

Discipline: Training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character.(Websters Dictionary)

I am just getting the magnitude of what I am doing for myself by disciplining my body. I want it, I speak of it, and now I have to DO IT. I am in training to correct, mold and perfect my mental and physical faculties and in so doing shape my moral character. Whoa! No wonder it is a big struggle. Joel Osteen, I believe in his book Best Life Now, talks about 21 days to form habits. I am still in that habit forming phase.

I watched a favorite movie of mine Saturday night, The Holiday, in the movie one of the lead characters is getting advice from a "old school" screen writer. He told her, " in the movies there's the best friend and there's the leading lady. You are acting like the best friend." Her response was, " Of course, I should be the leading lady of my own life..." I can relate. Now, I need to take the reins and lead my own life through training that corrects bad habits: discipline.

Also, A friend, unknowingly, convicted me about getting up early. She told me she gets up every morning and has breakfast with her husband at 5 a.m., a BLOW to my meager efforts of a 6:30 am wake up. The more I thought about it the more sense it made for me to wake up with my husband, it's a reason beyond myself. To have a cup of coffee, and say goodbye to my hubby before he leaves for work. He gets up no problem, everyday at 4:45 am. This morning his alarm went off and we both got up, I guess I am coat tailing on his discipline until I establish my own......Hey, It worked.

By the way.....I was already on the treadmill for 30 min. Yeah! It's Monday and this struggle is doomed....I will WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment