Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 145.....Do What God Wants

Matthew 6:33 (Contemporary English Version)


33 But more than anything else, put God's work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well.

I know God is good. He wants me to get this (Do What Is Right) so that I am not stuggling with the "other things".  If I focus all my attention on doing Gods will then He will take care of the rest.  I am believing for it; however it is a struggle with in my self to not think about all the "other things" that clog up my thoughts.  Like "when will I lose weight", "when will my family be settled in our new home, new town, new school", "where will we go the church", "will we be in the right neighborhood", "should I go back to work", "is childcare the best option for my girls".  It is overwhelming and easily distracts me from doing what God wants.  He wants me to have faith and trust and focus on the fruits of the spirit.  Easier said then done.  I started this journey very materialistically, no cookie yes shoes.  The reality is God had a different goal in mind, the goal is to do what God wants first. 145 days to understand, now how many more days until I apply this understanding.  I think I have spent a month just restating that simple philosophy.  I hope it sticks with me, I am ready to move forward.  I have hovered over the problem long enough.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Rebecca truly a confirmation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patricia! It's nice to know we are all in this together (the world looking to heaven, that is)!

    ReplyDelete