Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 346.......Distraction

The best lesson I have learned is from disciplining my 2 year old.  In disciplining her I tried the following:  reasoning, protesting, spanking, time out, crying, throwing my own fit, ignoring her; the ONLY thing that is successful with my 2 year is DISTRACTION, getting her mind off the thing that is causing the problem and getting her to think about something else.
I believe that is what God is teaching me to do. I was worried about losing weight, so He occupied my mind with MOVING my family (great distraction).  I was worried about finances, God occupied my mind with WORKING.  Now I get it; whenever my thinking (worry) is polluting my mind, I find a distraction!

2 Corinthians 10:5 (The Message)
3-6   The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
(my own emphasis added)





No comments:

Post a Comment